Monday, May 12, 2008

In the know...

Just a little insight to being a "professional" scrapbooker - you can't always scrapbook photos of your family. Honestly, you get a little tired of looking at their mugs (no offense.) So, you have to ask friends for copies of their photos etc. When you have exhausted all of those options - you have to turn to stock photography. I diligently peruse pages and pages of photos until I find just the right one. Here are two examples: One is a layout using a great photo from my friend, Paulo. And the other from a stock photography site - isn't she a cutie.



It's a little running joke in the office. I make pages like this and say... "I'm sure 'someone' loves her." Or sometimes I give them names... but you get the idea. The hardest part is to make sure you keep the same name if you intend to use the photo on another layout. The best part is being able to name them names that you have always liked, but weren't sure that you would ever name your child that name. Kind of silly - but now you are in the know.

4 comments:

Gypsycat said...

you are too funny, Pam! I have considered stock photography when I wanted to enter contests that were themes I don't scrap (like grandparents or something for which I have no photos). It's fun and I can almost always guarantee the photography is at least better than mine! ;)

Kim

Erin Glee said...

I've never thought of such "problems", but I guess you would need lots of pictures in your line of work!
.....Cracked me up "I'm sure SOMEBODY loves her"! HA!

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Wouldn't that be hilarious if someone knew here and saw this LO on your blog? Totally getting a kick out of that whole idea.

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Yep having enough photos is a continuing issue !!! This is why I keep friends who have cute kids close *LOL* who are quite happy to have me scrap their kids, one of my friends has FOUR, I am so thankful for her !!!

Love the bathroom ! Did you ever think the colors are very Luxe ? Blue, white with black trim .....